This is my Vegetarian Hot Pot!
It’s a bowl of tasty comfort food. If you want to know how to make it keep reading.
You will need:
- Two medium onions
- Three cloves of garlic
- One large potato
- One carrot
- Two sticks of celery
- One tin of black beans
- One tin of gungo peas
- One red pepper
- Scotch bonnet peppers (if you want, I used two, I lurve my food spicy)
Dice all of the veg into chunks (not the red pepper or the scotch bonnet) , the garlic needs to be crushed, open the tins and wash the pulses in a sieve. The red pepper and scotch bonnet need to be blitzed into a paste, you can add some water if you need.
- Heat oil in a pan, and add the onions- cook until clear
- Add the garlic give it a quick mix and add the potatoes
- Once the potatoes change colour (become clear) add the carrots and celery
- When the potatoes are cooked (they will be soft) add in the two tins of beans and two cups of water bring to a boil
- Add in the red pepper-scotch bonnet paste
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add more water, it depends how thick you want the dish. I like it like a thick soup.
- Boil this so all the flavours infuse, if it becomes too thick you can just add some water.
- Serve hot, I like to eat it with bread.
If you eat meat this dish tastes great with chicken. (My mum makes it with chicken) she adds diced chicken pieces along with the beans!
Let me know how your hot pot tastes. Enjoy