I know everyone thinks that their Mum is the best cook, but mine really is! This is Mummy’s Tandoori chicken recipe… one of my favourites. So we thought we would share it with you.
You will need:
- Chicken on the bone
- Chatt masala powder
For the marinade:
- Plain yoghurt
- Ginger paste – to taste
- Garlic paste – to taste
- Green chilli paste – to taste
- White vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Tandoori Powder
- Salt and Pepper – to taste
Mix it all together in a large container, this marinade really can be made to your taste. So try it before you add the chicken and add in the extra flavour that you like. It should be a little salty and spicy as the meat is not seasoned.
Score the chicken to the bone, add the pieces to the marinade and leave it to sit, in the fridge, over night.
Pre heat the oven, to the maximum heat that it can go to, place the pieces on a tray and drizzle with oil. Place in the oven for 15 minutes. Then turn them and put them back in for another 15 minutes.
Take them out and sprinkle on the chatt masala. Eat HOT!
Serve with minty onions, salad and pitta bread.
For a twist-
- Replace the chicken with any meat of your choice.
- Replace with Paneer, an indian cheese.
- Just add vegetable to the marinate and grill it.
Too much left over? Not that you can… it is so moorish.
- Add to quinoa and make a salad.
- Make a salad just with leaves.
- Make a wrap/sandwich for lunch the next day.