Guys…. it is less than one week to go until Mother’s Day in the U.K, the shops are stocked with gifts but what is the right gift for the Mum in your life?
- Gift Voucher promising not to be a Mum for a couple of days (or even just an evening)- I know we love our children, but the idea of a day, to think about you first would be really nice.
- Pampering session– book one in to avoid disappointment, your local nail salon for a mani/pedi maybe? Aveda is so great for treatments. Thai massage would be so relaxing.
- Flowers– who doesn’t love flowers?
- Chocolates– nom nom nom. There are many places you can pick these up from, if you are stuck and want something a little different you could try hotel chocolat.
- Personalised gifts – there are so many websites that make personalised items now, if this is what you want to do order soon to make sure you get it in time. I like not on the high street for inspiration for this type of gift.
- Candles– my favourite! They range in price and scent so you can really take time to pick out one that is just for your Mum! I love Jo Malone, TK Maxx often have some and even Ikea.
- Makeup– Something to spoil her. I am in love with anything by Charlotte Tilbury. Lush is great for bath stuff and fresh masks.
- Family meal– To have all her loved ones around a table, with some good food and laughs. Depending on the age of the family you can choose a restaurant to suit you and your requirements. I find with young children a local restaurant or chains are normally a safe bet. If you are an older family somewhere a bit ‘fancy’ would be fun! Afternoon tea is always a hit. Book in advance as it good places get busy.
I LOVE these flowers I saw at Selfridges today. OH LA LA.
Whatever you do, making some time for the lady who doesn’t have much time for herself would go down a treat, I’m sure. To all the Mummy’s, you are doing a great job. I hope you have a wonderful Mother’s Day!